Saturday, October 13, 2012

Oct 13 - Coming Home and Horny Devils

   I didn't really get to spend a great deal of time with Mum and Dad today due to the timing of my flight back to Melbourne.  Dad's three sisters arrived shortly before I left to start the process of going through Granny's things.  I took two pieces of wooden fruit; a Redgum pear, complete with wooden worm, and a Tasmanian Myrtle plum.  She had a whole hodge-podge set collected from myriad places.  I also carried the other three pieces back to Melbourne for Bertie and Gub.  Something to remember her by.
  My heart was somewhat reluctant to leave Adelaide, but with or without it's agreement, I nonetheless had to leave.  It was lovely that Mr Smart was waiting for me at the airport and greeted me with a cuddle.  It was nearly 2pm as we got close to Mr Smart's place and I hadn't had lunch by this time so he suggested we go and get something for lunch at Northland after doing his grocery shopping.
  Grocery shopping doesn't sound like a thrilling thing to be doing after an emotional morning and the tiring nature of travel, but to be honest it was a welcome distraction and I found the very domesticity of it quite comforting.  Also, I felt useful because I knew the standard Coles layout and got to push the trolley.  After the groceries Mr Smart ordered us burritos and I headed up to the car to empty the trolley.  Just as I was finished unloading, he arrived with the lunches and we set off.  It felt like a good 'team effort'.
  We ate lunch and I got some cuddles and I may or may not have rambled... Ok I rambled, but luckily Mr Smart is an excellent listener and he's getting good at filtering my noise words from the important ideas like Earnest can.  I had managed to do a spot of writing on the plane, another little project I am working on exceptionally slowly, and Mr Smart cast his eyes over it and gave me some feedback.
  We watched an episode of Doctor Who called 'Blink'.  It was scary and clever and I remembered how much I enjoyed watching Doctor Who back in the Tom Baker days when I was a kid.  Admittedly it was even more fun now with Mr Smart cuddling me and Pizza Cat curled up in front of me having a long overdue pat and scratch session.
  I headed off home about 5pm.  I got home, dropped off my backpack, emptied out a few items I'd couriered for Bertie and grabbed a few new items then got back in the car and headed down to Bertie's place for our Horny Little Devils Night!  Our friend Allmix has gone into adult party planning so we decided to hold one to help her on her way.
Look Dad! No silly face!
  I arrived a bit early and helped a little with the set up.  Bertie was busily making penis-shaped cheese and Vegemite puffs and all manner of other treats.  The pièce de résistance in her culinary preparations tonight though, was a 'Cockolate' Ripple Cake.  A concoction of Chocolate Ripple biscuits and Butternut Snaps, sandwiched together with cream in the shape of a giant penis and then covered in grated chocolate and bright red edible glitter.  It was a big hit.  I think everybody had at least one piece.
  I'm not going to put up a photo of Allmix's product range as some of you might not wish to see a table full of vibrators and lingerie, but for those of you who are interested, the catalogue can be viewed by clicking here and to book parties and ask questions you can go to Allmix's facebook page.  She certainly did a good job.  We had eight ladies of varying experience and temperament and all were made to feel comfortable and welcome.  I won't tell you about the fun and games we got up to either because what happens at Bertie's stays at Bertie's, but I will tell you that I bought two things from the first 11 pages!

  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was a bowl of cornflakes and milk and a glass of apple juice.
  • Morning snack was a 50g Snowy Mountains Cookies Muesli Munch cookie on the plane.  Apparently am 11:40am flight just doesn't cut it for lunch.
  • Lunch was a Baja Steak Burrito from Salsa's.  It was a wholemeal tortilla wrapped around grilled steak, onion and capsicum, coriander & lime rice, salsa fresca, southwest sauce and lettuce.  It was a solid little lump but it was very satisfying without being too filling.
  • Dinner was sort of replaced by a sincerely junky banquet.  I had Toobs, Cheese & Bacon Balls, pretzels, Mars Bar slice with white chocolate penis detail, penis-shaped cheese and Vegemite puffs, low-fat cheesecake (as if that helps at this point) and of course, the Cockolate Ripple Cake.

   Even though I ate crap and didn't get home until midnight with the blog still to write, I feel like I enjoyed the day.  It's nearly 2am now and I still feel ok, tired but ok.  Tomorrow it is back on the wagon day.  I had my fun, but although I am still grieving and reassessing parts of my life, that is no excuse to throw away all my hard work so far.  Not being happy with my health was a key part of my life that I was unhappy with and I already started doing something about that.  I'm not going to give up now just because it's tough right now.  As Dad is fond of saying, "This too shall pass".
  Goodnight folks.. or I suppose by now, Good Morning folks!
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment