Monday, October 29, 2012

Oct 29 - Slowly Getting There

  There were a lot of little steps forward today.  The first one was, I weighed in this morning at 109kg.  That's only a 300g loss for last week, but given how many meals out there were I'm actually pretty happy to have made any sort of loss.
  At work I made some progress training my offsider with today's deadline.  We didn't end up finishing it in time, but the person it's due to said we were fine to take a little longer.  It's great that she recognised it was important that I show my offsider the task thoroughly.
  Captain Cupcake dropped in at work in the early afternoon to collect her banana cake.  I've not yet heard back on her thoughts but my work mates seemed to like the ones I left in the staff kitchen today.
  At physio too, progress has been made.  My back feels a lot better today, worlds better than it was Thursday last weekRush said that it feels a lot looser now, even than on my first visit which is comforting to hear.  The plan now is to work on strengthening it up so it's another week in tape but we've added a new exercise.  Now my daily regimen is five or more sets of five back bends (cobra pose) plus 3 sets of glute squeezes, ten each side.
  Tonight I had a little bit of fun with my camera and a little toy I bought for my nephew during the weekend.  The photo I've added here was taken through the toy, of a pile of stuff on my desk.  I can't think of the name of the toy now, but essentially it's a multi-faceted lens through which you can peer at the world around you.  I think he'll like it.
 

  I've got my weekly planner out of the way now and I'm hoping that this is a week I might manage to do quite well in.  There is a three meal block of hot spots, no surprise that it is Saturday dinner, Sunday breakfast and Sunday lunch!  However I will just try to make the best choices available to me at the time.
  Work on the kitchen and office are of course ongoing.  I'm getting better at looking around me when I go from room to room and trying to move at least one item into the correct place each time I move about the house.  At the current rate, the house should be immaculate by some time in 2034.  Luckily I'm not shooting for immaculate.

  Today's food and exercise were:

  • Breakfast was two slices of multigrain toast spread with Yumi's Hummus. 
  • Lunch was a bento box from Sushi Sushi with some Japanese mayo.
  • Dinner was a skin off chicken breast seasoned with Garden Gourmet Thai Seasoning (lemongrass, ginger, coriander and chilli) and cooked for 14 minutes in the AirFryer.  I served that with a simple salad of cucumber, yellow capsicum, Perino snacking tomatoes and Lemnos Persian Marinated Fetta.
  • Dessert was 20g of Lindt 85% Cocoa dark chocolate.
  • Exercise was back bends and glute flexes throughout the day.
 

  So there you have it.  Not a big day, not much to report, but baby steps in all areas.
  Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment