Monday, October 15, 2012

Oct 15 - Happiness Is A Productive Day

 Today was a good day.  I certainly felt productive and I even managed to feel a little happy.  Despite having been away two days last week my inbox at work was not overflowing which was a relief.  I remembered to do all my shopping at lunchtime and I remembered to look a few things up and print a few things off.  It was comforting to have my planner and my daily list with me today, I felt very lost without them last week.
  After work I headed home and I finally found something to like about daylight savings.
I got home, headed straight out the back and brought in my still dry laundry.  Then I put on a new load, made dinner, ate dinner, and hung out the new load all while it was still light.  I paused hanging out the new load of washing to grab the Canon.  The sun was setting and it was very pretty.


  I did all of that without even turning my computer on.  Probably one of the keys reasons I was so productive this evening!  I did take a little computer break before my exercise but I made sure I got on the cross trainer so that I'd be finished just before I needed to take my after-dinner blood sugar reading.  I managed to check off everything on my list by 9:30pm!

Today's food and exercise were:

 
  • Breakfast was a slice of toasted Bürgen Wholemeal & Seeds Bread spread with Rosella Reduced-Joule Fruit Chutney and topped with a slab of three fried eggs.  I would normally have had two eggs only but they were use-by today.
  • Lunch was a Mission Wholegrain Wrap spread with 27g of Philadelphia Exra Light Spreadable Cream Cheese then topped with 88g of smoked salmon, cucumber slices and rainbow salad (beetroot, carrot and broccoli stalk).  I also had five Perino snacking tomatoes and 125g of fresh blueberries.
  • Afternoon snack was a large unripe banana.
  • Dinner was 216g raw weight lamb leg steak, pan-fried with olive oil spray, lemon juice, fennel seeds and a sprinkle of five spice, served with sweet potato fries (loving the AirFryer) and steamed cauliflower, broccoli and carrots.
  • Dessert was a Magnum Infinity ice cream.  It was the last one in my freezer from ages ago (pre-1st July) when the evil Captain Cupcake convinced me to buy two boxes of Magnums!
  • Exercise was 42 minutes on the cross trainer at load 2.
  • Blood sugar after dinner and exercise was 5.3 despite the ice cream!

  It felt good to get back on the cross trainer.  I was hot and sweaty by the end, but the endorphins definitely made me feel better.  I shall have to watch myself this week though.  Today I've got a little twinge in my back on the lower left-hand side.  It survived the work out none the worse for wear but I shall have to keep an eye on it and trot along to the physio if it gets any worse.
  That's enough for tonight, I have a book to get lost in!
  Jess

PS: The book is, The Opposite of Life by Narelle M Harris, a local Melbourne author.

No comments:

Post a Comment