Thursday, October 25, 2012

Oct 25 - Ow! Ow! Ow!

  OwMy back is definitely more pinchy today, especially on the left.  I have discontinued my back arches pending reassessment tomorrow morning with the physio  Left leg pain is back with a vengeance too.  Stupid flawed human body.  Thankfully I have physio in the morning and not much else on for the day.  Lunch in the city, but that's a fun thing.
  Work today had some minor wins.  I helped get our new DM set up on his computer and my offsider and I managed to work out most of the updates for a big quarterly document together.  Yay us!  And a lot of fun was had at the team meeting discussing costume ideas for the Christmas Party.  It's always a big deal in the company I work for.  The costume party theme this year is "Fire and Ice".  I'm not going this year but I certainly enjoyed making outrageous suggestions for everyone else to try.
  I saw an unexpected offer pop up on facebook today.  Soooooooo I'm doing roast lamb tonight.....anyone interested?  I was definitely in need of good food and company tonight so off I trundled after work.  I am lucky to have the best sisters in the world and it's a bonus that Bertie is also an awesome cook and a creative baker too.  Just look at these fundraising cookies she created today!
 

  A little mention of my other sister too while I think of it.  I am missing Gub very much this week.  Often when I feel a little disconnected, it is at its worst right around midnight when I'm trying to sleep.  The usual cure is a quick call to Gub.  She's my very favourite person to call in the middle of the night.  Her presence at the end of the phone, even from the other side of the world, is very reassuring and the time difference means I'm not waking her up.  So given my blah day yesterday and owie day today, I am missing her a great deal and am looking forward to her getting home from China soon.

  When he saw how excited I was to see it tonight, my nephew gifted me one of his Lego minifigs.  I mean seriously... how awesome is a Shakespearean Minifig!?  Of course I had to send an MMS to Earnest immediately so he could seethe with jealousy.  I texted him "Alas poor Yorick, I knew him well Horalego".  Of course Earnest smugly responded that I'd got the quote almost right, leaving me cursing myself for forgetting that the word "well" has no place in that particular line.  The minifig was definitely a tongue in cheek choice by Lego, they are after all a Danish company.

Today's food and exercise were:
  • Breakfast was two slices of toasted Bürgen Wholemeal & Seeds Bread spread with Yumi's Hummus.
  • Morning snack was a golden delicious apple.
  • Lunch was a Mission Wholegrain Wrap spread with Rosella Reduced-Joule Fruit Chutney then topped with one slice of Bega Extra Light Tasty cheese, 97g of Pastrami, cucumber, fresh mushrooms and alfalfa sprouts!  I also had three Perino snacking tomatoes.
  • Afternoon snack was a Honey Murcott mandarin.
  • Exercise was one set of back stretches.
  • Dinner was a delicious roast lamb with gravy, steamed green beans, two lumps of raw sweet corn, roast pumpkin, roast carrot and roast sweet potato!
  • Blood sugar was a healthy 6.7 thanks to Bertie keeping the regular potatoes out of my reach.


  Sorry for a somewhat disjointed blog tonight.  Was a bit hard to focus while dealing with the ow-factor.  Hopefully there will be a bit of relief after a good night's rest and morning physio session.  I think the couch cushion is definitely coming to bed with me tonight.  I find sleeping on my back with a couch cushion under my lower legs relieves the pressure on the nerve and lets it simmer down a bit.  That will be the best I can do for it for now.
  Goodnight all.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment