Monday, August 20, 2012

August 20 - Back On The Wagon

  It's a constant struggle to stay "on the wagon" when you're talking about food.  It's not like you can just give it up cold turkey like you can cigarettes or alcohol.  You need food.  The last couple of weeks have seen some ups and downs and plenty of eating out moments, some of which I could've made better choices at and I feel like I wasn't on the cross trainer often enough either.
  But that was last week, and one of the key things I'm trying to do is to not let last week affect the next week.  I weighed myself this morning, I am now 117.6kg.  That takes my total weight loss so far to 9.1kg since the 1st of July.  I don't mind saying, I'm pretty £¥©#ing wrapped with that!  That certainly provides motivation to keep at it.  The things I am doing so far are clearly working.
  I was running late this morning but I wanted to make sure I was getting back to my good habits so I ran ten minutes later and sat down and ate my breakfast of yoghurt, berries and fibre toppers.  Keeping to a regular routine a majority of the time seems to be important in helping me stay on track.
  When I got to work I was reminded that we had an accounting intern with us at the centre today so he spent the first couple of hours today with me.  Plenty of my work ends up as a bunch of numbers in the accountant's hands so I showed the intern what I do to produce some of those numbers for them.  I like sharing that information, and gaining the same in reverse.  I think that understanding what happens before and after your link in the chain, ends up making you better at your own job.
  It was soon time for lunch after that and I headed over to Coles for the week's lunch supplies.  I made sure I got lots of fruit this time, mandarins, kiwi fruit, tamarillos, a couple of passionfruit and a banana.  I didn't buy lots of bananas because they always ripen too quickly, so I will just buy a greenish one whenever I want one.
  For today's lunch I had a sandwich of two slices of Bürgen Wholemeal & Seeds bread spread with a sixth of a Reed avocado, topped with a handful of rainbow salad, one slice of Bertocchi Triple Smoked Ham with the fat trimmed off (about 73g) and some cucumber slices.  I also had a Honey-Murcott mandarin and a small Kiwi Fruit with the skin on.  I saved the small slightly green banana for my afternoon snack.
  I was greeted by a pleasant email this morning.  At the Women in Business Expo and Luncheon I attended last week I entered the draw for a 'Sustainability Pack' from Whitehorse City Council.  Turns out I won!  I collected my prize from the Council's office in the centre after lunch.  It contained:
  I took home the shower timer as I believe I am in desperate need of one.  Since I had an instant hot water system installed a few months back I now have mains pressure hot water and while having mountains of hot water has definitely improved the quality of my shower, it's done little to convince me to get out any quicker!  In fact it's now so much like heaven on earth that I'm reluctant to ever leave its steamy confines.  Hopefully the pretty timer will help a little. I let the rest of the staff in the office have-at the other items, share and share alike (and it saved me from going home with any chocolate).
  When I got home I got on the cross trainer and did my Buffysworth of exercise then made myself a homemade pizza.  It was a wholemeal Khobz flatbread spread with Leggo's Pizza Sauce, around 110g of shredded ham, six bambini bocconcini cut in halves, some mushrooms, some rainbow salad and some Mainland Finely Shredded Light Tasty cheese. This one wasn't as great as usual.  I think I went overboard on the rainbow salad because it all needed to be used up today.  I don't like wasting food, even though I do, so I'm trying not to where possible.  Also the Khobz wasn't the freshest.  C'est la vie, a little more planning still required.
  After dinner I worked a little further on cleaning up my desk.  I can actually see desk now!  My keyboard is also no longer wobbling from resting on top of a pile of things.  There's still a way to go yet, but I will just slowly keep at it like the proverbial tortoise.
  I should probably head to bed now.  I have to remember to be in the office early tomorrow morning and I won't be home until quite late so I'm ambitiously thinking I might attempt getting up very early and doing my cross trainer before my shower.  I'll know as soon as the alarm goes off whether I've made a terrible mistake or not...
  Jess

1 comment:

  1. Quick comments before heading back to thesis:
    1. OMRG! Congrats on the weight loss total - you're doing so great! And it's great you've done it just by making healthy lifestyle choices - without having to suck down weird milkshake diets or anything! You is a star.
    2. It's a sign that you won a pack with a shower timer in it. Haha. Finally :P
    3. Love the word a 'Buffyworth' of exercise - will definitely be adopting that over here.
    Love you and am so proud of you sister! xxx

    ReplyDelete