Saturday, August 4, 2012

August 4 - Gone Phishing

  I slept pretty well on my new mattress.  It's a bit taller than the old one and that takes a little getting used to.  My feet don't quite touch the ground sitting on the edge now!  I started the day meandering about a bit but managed to convince myself to get onto the cross trainer.  I wonder whether, when I get new neighbours, if they will mind me blaring Buffy at them on a regular basis.  For now the house next door is unoccupied and I need not fear reprimand, though the auction is next weekend!  Breakfast followed during my cool down and then it was time to hit the shower.
  Breakfast was Jalna a2 Low Fat Natural Yoghurt, a quarter cup of Carmen's Classic Fruit Muesli, a diced small Corella pear, some slivered almonds and three halves of dried apricot finely diced.
I also realised that I forgot to tell you I had three halves of dried apricot yesterday too!  Just on their own as a snack.
  After brekkie I took my old broken office chair and rapidly deteriorating chair mat out to the nature strip for the hard rubbish collection.  Then I took a brief walk (less than 20 metres) to the end of my street and took a photo of my bus stop which was today's Photo-A-Day-Challenge on facebook.
  While posting my photo I also checked my email and I was dumb enough to click on an email link (from a trusted source) and end up part of the Private Message phishing scam.  When it asked me for my password I should've twigged of course but who knows where my brain was.  The craftiness of this particular scam is its simplicity.  It doesn't offer free prizes or have any elaborate or badly spelled text, just "You have received a private message from xxxx" and then a link marked "Private Message".  I changed passwords and rectified it as quickly as I could, but my sincere apologies to anyone who got that message from me.
  Lunch, around 2pm, was a Wattle Valley Wholegrain Soft Wrap with half a 95g tin of Sole Mare Tune in Olive Oil, half a tomato and a quarter of an avocado.  I was still a little hungry after that so I also had 20g Lindt 85% Cocoa dark chocolate.  That did the trick.
  After lunch I went on with laundry, dishes and general tidy up.  My to-do list just seems to get bigger and bigger.  The more I tidy, the more half-finished jobs I find that I need to get to.
It all takes time that I never seem to find.
  At around 3:30pm I paused my cleaning and called my parent's phone to speak to my Granny Jean.  They were having a barbecue for her today to celebrate her 89th birthday!  She was quite pleased to hear about my changing lifestyle; she became a type 2 diabetic herself in her old age so she's happy I am doing something to prevent it in myself.  Granny may well be 89 but she's still pretty sharp and takes an interest in all of her nine grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.  She doesn't use the internet herself but my Dad takes his laptop when he visits and shows her all the latest photos of everyone on facebook and this blog so, Happy Birthday Granny Jean! (for yesterday).
  I got the laundry done and a load of dishes and got started on clearing my kitchen table.  I've taken a before photo and hopefully tomorrow will see it tidy enough for an after photo!  Around 6:00pm I started to think about dinner but with not much fresh food in the fridge I headed off to Coles to grab supplies for homemade pizza!
  Tonight's homemade pizza contained:  One wholemeal Khobz flatbread, a medium layer of Leggo's Pizza Sauce, about 95g (11) pre-cooked prawns, about 75g of shredded smoked ham, about 30g of danish feta, one sliced orange mini capsicum, a third of a red capsicum diced, all the stalk from a bunch of broccolini and Mainland Finely Shredded Tasty cheese.  It's somewhat amusing to me that pizza (apart from broccoli soup) seems to be the greenest thing I eat!  I followed my pizza up with a navel orange for dessert and then brushed my teeth.  The sooner I brush my teeth the less likely I am to eat again.
  That's about it really.  There's still a few hours before bed and I may well do some more cleaning here at my desk before I retreat to my new mattress and my book.
  So much organising to do, so little time....
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment