Thursday, August 9, 2012

August 9 - Walking A Fine Line

  My eating went a little astray today, but not so bad that I feel bloated or awful about it.
  As usual. ot started with me running late and therefore deciding to skip making breakfast in favour of getting something when I get to work.  This is ok when I go to Coles and get crumpets or something but today I had a bacon and egg muffin from Coffee 'n' All which they made fresh for me.
  My next little treat came at morning tea time.  Today there was a big meeting at work that happens each quarter and my dear right-hand gal caters it for the attending staff from head office.  She and I don't attend the meeting but it is definitely something she takes care of from start to finish.  Anyway, she got some Coles Banana Bread for the meeting and there was enough leftover for morning tea.  I heated my slice in the microwave for 20 seconds and then spread it with about a teaspoon of margarine.  It was as close to mine as I've had in a commercial product.
  Lunch was definitely the healthiest meal of the day, a Mission Garden Spinach Herb Wrap with a quarter of a Reed avocado, one slice of Bega Extra Tasty cheese, two slices of Dorsogna triple smoked leg ham (about 65g) and a heap of Rainbow Salad (julienned broccoli stalk, beetroot and carrot), followed by three big strawberries and nine medium red grapes.  I have to confess I am absolutely in love with rainbow salad.  It's not dry, it's filling, it's so easy to add to things!  Insta-veggies!
  Sometime in the early afternoon I had a surprise visit from Captain Cupcake bearing gifts!!  You may remember that I was bemoaning the frequency with which I was indulging in my Lindt 85% Cocoa?  Well Captain Cupcake mentioned on facebook that she knew of a special sugar-free chocolate and today she brought me a block!  That kind of support is above and beyond people!
  I haven' tried it yet as I didn't feel very hungry after dinner (for reasons that will become obvious shortly) but I am looking forward to trying it tomorrow!   A 25g serve of this one appears to be slightly lower in calories than a 20g serve of the Lindt.  It is also a high cocoa chocolate so hopefully it will also still have that appetite suppressing quality that is so helpful to me.
  In the afternoon I was dreadfully tempted to submit to the temptation of gorging myself on the leftover biscuits and cakes from the meeting but instead I patiently peeled and ate my navel orange.
  After work I remembered that I needed yoghurt and went to Cole for that and more berries and something for dinner.  I got the yoghurt and berries just fine.  I even decided that I would get the berries in the big bag this time, a suggestion of a friend at work.  Then I wandered aimlessly up and down the aisles waiting for something to yell "Eat me!"
  Eventually I settled on making homemade pizza but decided to do something a bit different.  In order to plan a few meals ahead, I decided to make a BBQ Chicken Pizza!  I got a BBQ Chook and a few other bits and pieces and headed home.  I decided to strip the meat off the chicken and split it into four lots, one for dinner tonight, lunch and dinner tomorrow and another lunch probably on Sunday now that I think about it.. will it still be good then?  Anyway, while stripping the meat I did eat a lot of the skin.. at least the crispy top bits and drumsticks.  I did throw away the soggy bits and most of the stuffing.
  Anyway, my pizza was made from a Khobz wholemeal flatbread, Leggo's BBQ Style Pizza Sauce, 8 slices of Harndorf Beef & Garlic Salami, a barbecued chicken breast diced, fresh mushrooms, rainbow salad (see, you can add it to anything!) and some finely shredded Mainland Light Tasty cheese!
  I'm quite impressed at how pretty it turned out.  Do you think the National Gallery of Australia will pay me $2Million for it?  I certainly think it's more attractive than Blue Poles.
  I didn't do any exercise tonight but I'm ok with that.  I've done the five nights prior and I will get on again tomorrow.  My blood sugar after dinner was 6.7 which, given all the chicken skin, kind of surprised me, but it was a good reading.
  I remembered to do the bins for once!  And cleaned out the fridge too!  I get paid next week so hopefully I will have time to do some planning out meals on Sunday while I babysit my nephew.  A bit of a food focus today, but who knows what tomorrow will bring!
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment