Monday, August 27, 2012

August 27 - Sustainable Weight Loss

  Well I weighed in this morning at 116.9 kg.  That brings total weight loss to 9.8 kg which is an average of 172 g per day or approximately 5.3 kg per month.  The Queensland Health Guideline for shaping up document says that gradual sustainable weight loss should be between 1 and 4 kgs per month.  I'm guessing I'm a little ahead of the average due to the fact that my changes in eating habits, while relatively easy to accomplish, have been quite dramatic.  It's good to know what's recommend though, so that I don't get discouraged as my weight loss naturally plateaus (which it will from time to time).
  I am already doing a lot of what the document recommends but the one helpful thing that I keep forgetting to do is to take my measurements so that I can see how much I'm losing in terms of girth.  Hopefully Bertie can help me with that tomorrow if either one of us remembers.  I have noted it on my planner so hopefully that will jog my memory.  At any rate, I believe I will need new trousers soon but I'm reluctant to run right out and get a new wardrobe in case I keep shrinking for a while!
  I got compliments from three colleagues at separate times today saying they could see a physical difference!  I also had a lovely email with words of encouragement from JW who appeared in my life as my counterpart at one of work's suppliers but has grown to be a real friend.  The support everyone in my life has shown me has just been amazing and I really appreciate it.  I hope you're all still here if/when times get tougher.
  So did the weekly planner help today?  Yes, I believe it did.  Without it I'm pretty sure I would have forgotten to do a load of laundry tonight and I certainly would have forgotten to take my lamb fillet out of the freezer.  Now the washing is hung up and drying and the lamb fillet is slowly defrosting in the fridge for my Wednesday night dinner!  The planner also helped me keep on track with shopping only for what I need.  I'm sure I will tweak it a bit more as time advances but it's definitely already been a big help.

  I thought I'd go through today's diet and exercise a little differently.  I always want to be honest about what I've eaten but I don't always want food to be the primary focus for my blog entries (even though obviously it's a crucial part of the blog).  I've still photographed the main meals and recorded everything I've eaten but I've just run through it in brief.
  • Breakfast was yoghurt, berries and fibre toppers.
  • Lunch was a Mission wholegrain wrap spread with a heaped tablespoon of Yumi Hummus and topped with three slices of Aldinga Turkeys 97% Fat Free Smoked Turkey Breast Roll (about 42g), 10 slices of Lebanese cucumber and a big handful of rainbow salad.  I also had a passionfruit, a tamarillo and and Alfourer mandarin.  The Yumi Hummus is my favourite brand.  It's got quite a strong sesame flavour which I love and it's also dairy and gluten free.
  • For my afternoon snack I had half a dried apricot, four almonds, two pecan halves, two brazil nuts and two hazelnuts.
  • Exercise was 40 minutes on the cross trainer to the tune of Buffy S3 Ep11. 
  • Dinner was a bowl of homemade Pumpkin and Carrot soup sprinkled with a little Mainland Finely Shredded Light Tasty cheese with two slices of toasted Bürgen Wholemeal & Seeds bread thinly spread with butter.  Which was followed by 17g of Balance dark chocolate with cocoa nibs.
  So that's it for another day, I've made out my to do list for tomorrow from the weekly plan and I'm looking forward to seeing Bertie for dinner.
  Jess

1 comment: