Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August 1 - Well Begun Is Half-Done

  I finished taking my course of Ranitidine last night!  Woohoo, two pills a day less!  But my finger prick test this morning was a struggle.  It took me about three tries to get a droplet of sufficient size to get a reading.  It wasn't just blood thought, after such a late night my whole body was sluggish.  It took a lot of will power and reminding myself that I get paid for being there, to drag myself out of the doona cocoon!
  Breakfast was the standard yoghurt, berries and fibre toppers, though I'll admit the wholemeal crumpets were sitting there and being very tempting.  They may get a look in tomorrow morning.  For my morning snack I decided to give something new a try.  I had one serve of belVita Breakfast Fruit & Fibre biscuits (4).
  I've decided I like these.  They have a low GI of 47 and they are a good enough substitute for a sweet biscuit.  My preference for sweet things is already on the grainy/nutty/fruity side so they will fit in nicely to stave off cravings.  I think one or two would go well with a cup of tea (though they are definitely not a dunking biscuit).  Texturally they are a bit like a Wheaten biscuit but flavour wise they are a little more toasted-fruit-muesli-ish.
  I got some more recruitment stuff done today and actually managed to make my desk look a little tidier by lunch time which was a nice feeling.  I hate when it's all disorganised but it always seems to end up that way.  Part of that might be my reluctance to thrown anything away and also my seeming inability to finish each task before beginning a new one!
  Lunch today was a toasted sandwich of two slices of Bürgen Soy-Lin bread, one slice Bega Extra Light Tasty cheese, one small tomato, about 62g of Beechwood smoked leg ham, some baby cos lettuce (added after toasting) and one panama passionfruit.
  I got to do a pleasant task in the afternoon, I sent out the invitations for my right-hand gal's goodbye lunch.  It's funny because she normally handles all the catering for meetings and things I made it clear that she didn't have to cater her own lunch but she said "No I'll do it, then I'll get exactly what I want!"
  In the afternoon when I got peckish I was a little hungrier than normal so I had a nut snack pack and a Kiwi fruit with the skin on.  Say what you will, but I really enjoy eating a Kiwi that way.
  When I did the banking I quickly nipped into Harris Scarfe on the way back to the office to see if they stocked the Breville Fast Slow Cooker that I'm after.  No they didn't.  In fact that means no one at Forest Hill does because I've already checked BigW and Target!  The helpful Harris Scarfe sales lady suggested I try Harvey Norman so I guess that'll be a job for the weekend!  Or perhaps Friday if there is time after my furniture gets delivered.
  On the way home from work I stopped at Super AMart to pay the balance of my furniture order then it was straight home and onto the cross trainer for a Buffysworth (I've decided that an interval of 40 minutes shall forever more be known as such).  I was ravenous after that and this has not been a strong week for forward planning so it was down to Lean Cuisine Creamy Salmon & Dill Pasta again.
  I never used to like fish much, except for when Mum made smoked cod with fishy custard (trust me).  I always managed to find bones to choke on.  My granny in fact told me one day that I was just like my great-grandfather.  We could both find bones in tinned tuna apparently.  This was of course implying I occasionally feared finding them more than I actually found them.  That's all well and good and very likely true at the time, but the unexpected bone in my Lean Cuisine tonight was no imagined peril.
  It was big and I didn't find it, it found me, by lodging in my throat.  I managed to wash it down with a mouthful of water so large that the very act of swallowing it forced some out of the sides of my mouth and all over my top.  I can laugh now, but living alone it was a reasonably scary prospect while it happened.  I chewed much more cautiously after that.
  After dinner I enjoyed 20g of Lindt 85% Cocoa dark chocolate before getting on with the cleaning I've been meaning to do all week!  I chucked Disney's Rapunzel on the TV for company and tidied away the Lego from the weekend, then I cut up some cardboard boxes and put them in the recycling bin.  I rearranged some of the bulky items and put others by the door to leave the house with me in the morning.  Then I got distracted texting Mr Smart and then it was time to write today's blog so it's still not all done yet.
I expect I'll get there in the end.. whenever that is.
  Jess

1 comment:

  1. Bingo ... no end to housework ... or thesis as far as I can tell - thanks for the pick me up though- always nice to hear what you've been up to and keep up the good work xx

    ReplyDelete