Sunday, August 19, 2012

August 19 - Demotivated Sunday

  So it turned out that Mr Smart was right about a home team advantage.. he wasn't happy about being right though.  We didn't get to bed until 2am after Liverpool's regrettable 3-Nil loss to West Brom.  However, I woke up feeling surprisingly rested this morning.  Despite not moving around much overnight, I wasn't stiff or tired and was surprised to find that it was only 8:30am!  Curses at waking up early on a Sunday, curses I say!!
  I procrastinated rising for a while, choosing instead to lavish attention on Pizza Cat while I had the chance.  She was a little annoyed at having had such a large portion of her sleeping space usurped so it seemed the right thing to do.
  I got up briefly to grab a Nespresso pod coffee made by the ever-thoughtful Mr Smart then retreated back to bed to enjoy it.  I am most definitely not a frequent coffee drinker but this was lovely.  It was mild enough that it needed no sweetening and it was topped with lovely warm frothy milk.
  When I got up properly, I set about making us a cooked breakfast.  I had one slice of wholemeal toast topped with a fried egg over-easy (which I botched a bit) and one rasher of crispy short cut bacon and a large side of mushrooms fried in butter.  I was hungry and my breakfast looked ugly but delicious, so of course I forgot to photograph it.
  Mr Smart said he'd happily let me make him seconds in order to photograph it but I laughed and declined his most generous and helpful offer.  It was soon 10am and time for me to get going.  Bertie was coming to pick up her sofa today and Mr Smart needed to work on his writing and assignments so I headed off home.
  Once I got home, any motivation I may have had evaporated.  I sat at my desk blankly for a good couple of hours aimlessly surfing the net until finally I realised part of my lack of motivation was now hunger.  Unfortunately, my stomach didn't insist loudly enough and Bertie rang to say she was on her way to Super AMart to help me pick up my Tub Chair.  I grabbed my keys and walked down (it's only about 650m).
  We picked it up in the trailer they hired and drove it back to my place then swapped it for the old two-seater sofa and huge heavy coffee table (I need to get a new coffee table now but I want something of specific dimensions so I may end up making one).  A big thank you to Bertie and family for helping me with the furniture move around.
  With that all taken care of my stomach was finally in control so at about 3pm I finally ate lunch.  Again, no photo, it was just a Lean Cuisine Creamy Salmon & Dill Pasta followed by 17g of Balance sugar-free dark chocolate.  It did perk me up a little so I laid away the laundry from the clothes horse and moved yesterday's load inside and put on a new load then I started idly sorting some of the filing on my desk and laying it away.
  Then I saw a distraction pop up!  Mr Smart was on Steam so I suggested a few rounds of Ticket to Ride.  It's an online version version of a board game involving laying train tracks.  That sounds exceedingly geeky and it may well be but it's also really fun.  It's one of those games that is quick paced and easy to learn but very hard to master.  We played one game in each of our three maps (USA, Europe & Switzerland) and I won best two out of three.. though I must say, it's the first time we've played in ages and that is not the normal state of affairs I can assure you.
  Mr Smart went back to his study after that and I went on with my desk tidying.  I'm pleased to say that I managed to gather up all my tax documents!  Woohoo!  Now I can ring and make an appointment with the accountant to submit it all, tax return here I come!  This year I am going to try to save my tax return.
  For dinner tonight I made two melts on Bürgen Wholemeal & Seeds bread.  The first one was topped with half a 90g tin of Sole Mare Tuna in olive oil, a thinly sliced gherkin and a slice of Bega Extra Light Tasty cheese.  The second one with a 130g tin of Heinz Baked Beanz and another slice of Bega Extra Light Tasty cheese.  They only took ten minutes in my little Ronson Toaster Oven.  I also indulged in another 17g of chocolate!
  Music is a big part of my life and tonight as I wrote my blog and chatted to Jack on facebook I was listening to Firewater's 2001 album Psychopharmacology.  It's not really a dark album, although it does contain a song about American spree killer Howard Unruh, but it's not light either.  What it is, is a comfortable rocking beat of a background noise that keeps me going at a decent pace.  I have music on most nights as I write and it's very much mood dependent.  Not really relevant to weight loss and health I suppose, but an integral part of me nonetheless.
  Wow.. for a demotivated day I actually seem to have done a fair bit.  And it is well into bedtime now!  That's the trouble with staying up late on the weekend, you lose track of time once it gets to work the next morning.
  Goodnight all,
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment