Wednesday, August 29, 2012

August 29 - Freedom!

  Freedom!  Freedom!  Freedom!
I'm not talking freedom in the truest sense.. more the sort experienced by a dog who's finally getting to go walkies or a bird with clipped wings allowed out of its cage for a stroll.  But at any rate, I got to be out in the sunshine today!  For once I didn't spend the whole day cooped up in my concrete bunker of an office!
  I had reason today, to escape the confines of my four white walls and head down to Knox on my lunch break.  It was only swapping one shopping centre for another, albeit briefly, but the sun was shining, the sky was blue, the birds were singing and I was too.
  I don't think I can adequately describe how gleeful I felt with the sun shining on me.  My driver's side window was wound down, the wind whipping through my hair making it looks all "windswept and interesting" as Billy Connolly puts it.  And the volume on my music was turned up loud enough to offend those around me if they happen to not like bluegrass.
The view from my car park screamed freedom.
  It wasn't so much about the destination but the getting to make a journey.  It felt almost like playing hookey.  My business there was swiftly concluded and I returned to the car, but even though there was little point, I climbed that grassy hill and was rewarded by this photogenic little chap.  He let me take a good twenty or so shots, and only flew off as a jogger came down the path toward him.
Warble dammit!  I miss that sound.
  The trip back to the office was no less enjoyable for knowing it was soon to be over.  When I arrived back I parked in the Level 3 car park at the far end and overlooked the view of the surrounding suburbs and the ongoing development.  The wind and sun reminded me that summer is coming, and for once, I'm actually looking forward to it.
  Deadlines done and another ride home.  Even with today's to-do list sitting on the seat next to me I still almost forgot to pull in at Officeworks on the way home.  The auto-pilot is strong with this one.  But I remembered with a block to go and stopped off.  Toner is not cheap.  It's a $200 Printer and it takes a $100 toner cartridge!  At least it doesn't need replacing terribly often.
  As I turned up my street, a SOLD sticker hoved into view.  Looks like I will have new neighbours soon.  It was passed in at auction so I wonder what it ended up going for.  I can't imagine it will be a long settlement as my old neighbours already moved out a couple of months ago.  I might have to look into wireless headphones for the TV.  That way I can still enjoy late night and early morning Buffy without keeping anyone on the other side of the wall awake.
  To cap off a lovely day, this evening before I started writing tonight's blog, Mr Smart was able to find time to play three rounds of Ticket to Ride with me.  Now before I get gushy, on with food and exercise for the day!
  • Breakfast was yoghurt, berries and fibre toppers.
  • For my morning snack I had an Afourer mandarin
  • Lunch was the same as yesterday and the day before that!  This is actually a good thing, despite perhaps being dull to read as routine helps me stay on track and within a budget.  A Mission wholegrain wrap spread with a heaped tablespoon of Yumi Hummus and topped with three slices of Aldinga Turkeys 97% Fat Free Smoked Turkey Breast Roll (about 42g), 10 slices of Lebanese cucumber and a big handful of rainbow salad.
  • For my afternoon snack I had a tamarillo and a passionfruit.
  • Exercise was 42 minutes of Buffytastic action (S3E12) on the cross trainer.
  • Dinner was a pan-fried honey, mint and rosemary marinated lamb fillet with leftover salad.  It was a big piece of lamb, it was deliciously rare and I ate the whole thing.  The salad was not so hot the second day.  I think the dressing it makes it go all soggy in the fridge.  I still ate it, I need my veggies.
  Tomorrow promises to be a pretty busy day so I think I'll head to bed early-ish for once.
I doubt sleep will find me terribly quickly though.  Not when there is a book to read!
Goodnight dear friends!
  Jess

1 comment:

  1. Two words: Blue light. If that's how you feel about sunshine try one, it will see you through many winters. xx Summer is ending over here ... sigh ...

    ReplyDelete