Friday, August 10, 2012

August 10 - TGIF

Eat or No Eat?
  Actually convinced myself to get out of bed in some sort of reasonable time today so I had time to make my breakfast.  Now I've put a photo in and I'm going to pose the question, would you have eaten it?  Don't get me wrong, it tasted great, but it does sort of look like I already ate it once.  It was the last bit of yoghurt from the old pot, a quarter cup of fibre toppers, 75g mixed berries (raspberries, blackberries and blueberries), the pulp from one Panama passionfruit and about a tablespoonful of slivered almonds.
Psst.. Mum.. that is tea-coloured.
  I was really cold in the office today so it wasn't hard to convince myself to have a hot drink at morning snack time.  I don't often have hot drinks of any kind.  I enjoy the occasional cup of tea or a hot chocolate but coffee is still a cold drink to me.  I made myself a strong black tea with one sugar and a splash of milk and had it with half a serve (2) belVita Fruit & Fibre Breakfast biscuits.  Morning snack time varies with when I get hungry but it seems to most often happen between 10:00am and 11:00am.
  Our wonderful voice artiste was in early today to do his weekly recording session.  He creates all the centre's advertising voiceovers.  He's a lot of fun, particular when he does his blokey-bloke voice or his Elmo voice.
I've been looking forward to the weekend and I was telling him about it.
  Tomorrow I get to spend the day with Mr Smart and Sunday I get to have my nephew all day for which Bertie will give me a pedicure!  I'm thinking I will take my nephew into the city on the train to see some of the Mali in the City sculptures.  I think he'll enjoy that.  He's only three but he already has a definite idea of what he finds fun and train rides and elephants (and potentially a cupcake) are bound to fit in.  The last time I took him into the city he ended up with a Bender toy.  Yes, I totally spoil him... just like Aunties should!
Positively prawnographic!
  Remember last night I stripped the BBQ chook and put some aside for lunch today?  Well of course I forgot the container when I left for work this morning, so finding myself chickenless at lunchtime, I nipped into Coles and bought a few alternative things to put in my wrap.  It ended up being a Mission Garden Spinach Herb Wrap with a quarter of a Hass avocado, baby cos lettuce, ten cooked and peeled prawns (82g, only $1.48!) and the last of the bag of Rainbow Salad, followed by a large slightly ripe banana.  I should put my car key in the fridge next time!
  The afternoon dragged on a bit.  I kept looking at the clock on my computer and then having to check in on my phone, convinced that it must be later than that... But still, it allowed me to clear up a few extra things so I'm not really complaining too much.  I paused and had a navel orange at afternoon snack time.  It's quite meditative peeling an orange.  Thank heavens I stopped biting my nails at age nineteen though, I can't imagine peeling an orange without my durable thumb nail.
Och aye the noo!
  As I was leaving work tonight I passed Big W and something in me whispered 'Lego Lego Lego Lego' and who am I to argue with the voices in my head? I got a few new mini-figurines and some more bricks!  My retail therapy completed I headed home and on to the cross trainer.  It was the first episode of Buffy Season 3 tonight.  Some episodes are slower than others but this one had a fairly steady pace.  I like the fast paced ones most because I don't notice the time passing so much.
  Dinner tonight was another homemade pizza.  The chicken and Khobz have a limited shelf life so I'm trying to use it all up!  I did put the remainder of the chicken in the freezer though.  Once I get my new slow cooker I will thaw it out in a tomato based sauce for pasta!
So tasty I almost forgot to take the photo!
 Tonight's pizza had a wholemeal Khobz flatbread spread with Leggo's BBQ Style Pizza Sauce, lots of mushrooms, lots of chicken, lots of Rainbow Salad and some finely shredded Mainland Light Tasty cheese!
  Today's auspOp post was about No Doubt's first album in nine years.  I have to say I wasn't overly keen on their new single Settle Down, it was a bit too reggae/clubby for me, but it did remind me to listen to their old stuff while writing tonight's blog!
I even put a few of Gwen Stefani's solo tracks on!
  I thoroughly recommend auspOp by the way, for anyone interested in music scene.
I don't love all things pop but I have been introduced to some artists I really like through this blog, including Melbourne artist Paris Wells and her song Let's Get It Started.
  Last thing for today, but by no means the least, a very happy 55th Wedding Anniversary to my Granny and Grandad.  That's the Emerald Wedding Anniversary!  Congratulations and thank you for being such good role models.  You've managed to get through thick and thin all while staying clever, funny and loving.  I love you both very much.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment