Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pengi Goes To The Park. Guest Blog!

  Hello again everyone, it’s Pengi, back for another big adventure on day three of our Adelaide trip.  After two rather full days, today was going to be a bit more laid back.  Quite appropriate for a Sunday!  After sleeping in for a suitable amount of time it was time to start the day.
  First up was a trip to the local bakery for breakfast.  Jess decided that it would be nice to take Anouk for a walk as well since she was pining for Jess's Dad.  Anouk is a golden Labrador and seems to be quite friendly, though I am still nervous around her since she is so much larger than me and quite quick with chomping down on what she sees as food.  Jess has assured me that I will be quite safe.
  The bakery is very close and we were there in no time.  Once there we saw Jess's Dad, Bertie and Jess's nephew finishing up, and they agreed to walk Anouk back home while we sat down to enjoy our breakfast.  The bakery had a great selection of treats to try, even one that looked like me!


  Mr Smart had his usual morning coffee and was going to share it with me, until Jess pointed out that I should have traditional Adelaidean breakfast comprising a Kitchener Bun and Nippies ice coffee.  The bun was quite delicious but seems to be very messy to eat!


  I must admit that I had a bit of a sugar rush so we decided we would continue on our walk to the nearby park to help work off the energy.  Mr Smart and Jess have already walked to this park a couple of times so they decided to talk an alternate route to see more of the neighbourhood.  It’s full of many nice houses, and Jess explained that they follow the Germanic style of architecture due to the early settlers of Adelaide.



  On arriving at the park Mr Smart pointed out that last night’s rain still hadn’t dried up and suggested that I couldn’t go on all of them.  I tried to explain that I didn’t mind the water, I am a penguin after all, but he was quite insistent that he didn't want me catching a cold.  Luckily we did find some things that Jess was able to dry enough for me to enjoy.  First up was the swing, which was so much fun.  I wanted to go higher and higher!  Sadly the slide was deemed too wet for me.  I tried to point out that penguins slide on ice all the time, but no luck.  I did get to walk across the bride though.


  There was also a climbing rack with a chain.  It was hard work getting up, my flippers are made for swimming after all, not climbing, but it was fun trying something new.  I did want to finish it with a slide down the tube, but again, it was decided that that was too wet.



  On the other side there were letters on wheels that you could spin around to make up different words.  I wanted to make my name there but the letters weren’t in the right spot, so I had to settle for standing next to a P for Pengi!


  Soon it was time to head back.  Along the way Jess reminded me that in life it’s important to stop and smell the roses, and what better way than to stop and smell a rose!




  When we got back we found Bertie creating towers for Jess's nephew to knock down.  The towers looked so big to me and she was really nice and said I could stand on one.  It was quite a different view being up so high and I could see way farther than normal.  It certainly gave me a new perspective on the world.
 


It was quite a fun filled morning and Mr Smart thought it might be nice if I shared it was all my friends, so I setup next to Jess and set to work writing it all down. 



  Time for this little penguin to sign off, until my next big adventure!
  Love from Pengi!

No comments:

Post a Comment